Passionate about making a difference in medically underserved communities? Interested in learning more about nonprofit community health centers and the healthcare field? Excited to help people gain access to affordable healthcare?
HOPE Clinic is looking for dedicated volunteers to assist with supporting internal operations of a nonprofit health center. Volunteers will work across departments to ensure efficient and effective nonprofit management. Volunteers will have the opportunity to contribute and learn from a rapidly growing community health center at the forefront of culturally and linguistically appropriate healthcare.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Opportunity to learn about and contribute to a community health center
- Service hours in a diverse and medically underserved community
- Comprehensive training to carry out assigned tasks
- Must be 18 years or older and able to pass a background check
- Bilingual in English and Vietnamese, Chinese, Arabic and/or Spanish preferred
- Must be able to contribute 4-15 hours a week. (Weekdays only)
Volunteer Opportunities Available
- 2019 Volunteer Hours: 2,019.15
- 2019 Economic Impact: $51,347.00
- Total # of 2019 Volunteers: 30
- Projects completed:
- 2019 End of Year Inventory
- Return Mail Callbacks and Filing
- Data Gathering
- Data Analysis
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), HOPE receives HHS funding and Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.
HOPE Clinic is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).