Are you interested in learning more about shopping for affordable health insurance but don’t really know where to start? The HOPE Clinic Outreach and ACA staff are certified application counselors and are available to answer any questions. Our counselors can help you sign up for health insurance and help you determine eligibility for cost-sharing reductions and tax credits. The deadline to enroll was December 15, 2017, however due to Hurricane Harvey, the deadline has been extended to December 31. The Health Insurance Marketplace provides health plan shopping and enrollment services through websites, call enters, and in-help.
You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP), allowing you to enroll in health insurance until December 31st. Individuals will be considered eligible for the SEP they experienced an SEP qualifying event and reside resided at the time of Hurricane Harvey in any of the affected counties declared, including Harris and Fort Bend . The SEP Enrollment is available to anyone – however you need to call Marketplace to request the enrollment, which is something our staff can help you with.
To make an appointment with an ACA representative at HOPE Clinic, you can:
- Call us at 713-773-0803
- Online at connector.getcoveredamerica.org
What to bring?
- ID (driver’s license, permanent residence card, social security, etc.)
- Residence (mail that you receive with your address on it)
- Income (tax return, pay stubs, etc.)
- Family information (any identification, residence, or income information for other family members also applying with you)