Enjoy a Fun and Healthy Holiday!
The 4th of July is a fun day for family and friends nationwide to come together and celebrate the official birth of the United States. We’ve put together a list of healthy ways to spend the holiday below.
- Healthy summer meals. Barbeques can be junk food magnets! Make sure you have fresh fruit and vegetables available to create balanced meals that everyone can enjoy.
- Drink lots of water. July is a hot month. Make sure to drink plenty of water and keep your body from overheating.
- Get out and walk around! Attend a 4th of July celebration near your community.
- Protect your skin. If you plan on celebrating Independence Day outside, wear plenty of sunscreen at all times, even if it happens to be cloudy, and remember to reapply as needed.
- Enjoy the outdoors. Water sports and swimming are a fun way to stay active and cool in the summer. Make sure children are supervised at all times by an adult who can swim
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), HOPE receives HHS funding and Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.
HOPE Clinic is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).